29 de junio de 2010

HOW DO PEOPLE WEAR IN MY COUNTRY?

There is no need for dressy clothing because it is a very casual place; Peruvian people use to wear no name brand stuff like jeans, tennis shoes and t-shirts. In the mountains, where it is cold, people wear sweaters made from alpaca and wool.

Traditional dress tends to be capped off by woolen or straw hats, sometimes in various colors. But in the coldest reaches of the Andes, the highlanders tend to wear the Chullo, a woolen cap fitted with earflap decorated with geometric motifs. And now is trendy wearing Chullo around te world.
For this autumn and winter the trend is wearing neutral and dark colors, long fur coats, long boots or booties and leggings.

Normally I wear comfortable clothes for school or staying in my house. But in social gatherings I like to dress up and look my best. Usually I pay more attention and spend too much time on choosing clothes and make up.


Do Peruvian people tend to judge others by the way they dress?

I think Peruvian people (and I´m sure not only in Peru) judge others by the way they dress. I suppose we can’t control subconscious judgments, at least not overtly. I think that this is how it goes: meeting people depends on two things, appearance and first impressions.

When you get that first impression you see the person as 80% appearance and 20% personality, mainly because you don't know that person well enough to judge on their personality. Then, when you get to know this person it is more important the personality than the appearance and it changes to something like 20% appearance and 80% personality or more in terms of the personality side.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario